We have some EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE!
We at The Jarvis at 220 are eager to share what we’ve been up to making our venue even better than it already was. A huge thank you to Denise and Michael Gleason for their vision of such a magnificent property and venue to share with all of you.
So many of you have contacted us wanting to know what’s next for The Jarvis at 220! While we will no longer operate as a bed and breakfast, we will however, continue to host weddings/receptions/parties/”getting ready” time, and weekend accommodations during a wedding weekend! We want you to relax while you’re with us and create lasting memories of the best moment of your life…The day you say “I Do”.
We are delighted to share photos from our latest shoot of the property giving you a glimpse of “The Jarvis at 220 Experience”. Mashal Smith Photography created a truly amazing shoot and captured each beautiful and unique “experience” possible at our venue. Come take the journey with us as we walk you through how amazing your wedding weekend can be!
1. Arrive at The Jarvis at 220 on Friday at noon and get settled into your own private suite. Sit on the Charleston-style front porch, or 1 of our 3 sitting rooms while you wait for the rest of the house guests to arrive. Take the afternoon to relax, shop, or nap before the evening events. If The Jarvis is your wedding venue, you can have your rehearsal while your rehearsal dinner is being set-up in the house or outside in the garden. Bring in your own bartender to have drinks and cocktails after dinner.
2. We have a spacious chef’s kitchen ready for the gourmet cook in your group to prepare a home cooked breakfast, or host your bridal luncheon the day of your wedding in the elegant dining room. Our main floor can accommodate up to 25 guests for a sit-down meal.
3. “Get Ready” in the stately and spacious Jarvis Suite with your bridal party and have your “first look” moment with your parent. The suite provides private time for your final thoughts as you prepare to become Mrs. or Mr. while your groom can “Hang Out” in the Cellar Door with his buddies.
4. Take some amazing pictures in your last moments as a single person. Nell from Thornbury Brides provided an amazing dress for this gorgeous bride. She has such an eye for helping a bride choose the best dress. You will say “Yes to the Dress” before you leave her shop.
5. Our Grand Staircase is a perfect spot to capture the anticipation of what is to come!
6. The gorgeous floor-to-ceiling windows in the sunroom showcase the elegance of this classic but unique dress and bring out the subtle blushes and blues in the bridal bouquet.
7. The Jarvis Garden offers the perfect back-drop for your wedding ceremony and/or reception covered or uncovered. We can host up to a 200 person ceremony and 100 seated or 140 standing reception. These beautiful linens were provided by Jennifer Lynn Weddings-Events-Design, the large variety of rentals provided byAshley at The Carolina Refinery, and perfectly styled florals by Shelia The Finest Details. These ladies offer a variety of services and are awesome to work with through thoughtful planning and attention to detail.
8. Let Stephanie and her team with The Tipsy Flamingo showcase their talents as bartenders, while Funky Fresh. Catering + Design creates tasty treats during cocktail hour such as fresh charcuterie and unique beer finds. Full service catering from Posh Nosh Catering offers elegant sit-down dinners or inviting buffets that are not only picture-worthy, but delectable to your tastebuds. Zo and her team work tirelessly to ensure your day is perfect. A wedding cake from Carolina’s Cupcakes and a take-home gift of “The Jarvis” fudge from Bear City Fudge Company will delight your wedding guests. Brianna at Carolina’s Cupcakes offer a variety of designs and flavors. After the shoot, we had the opportunity to taste the cake and OMG doesn’t do it justice! All of these caterers are full-service, providing you with all your needs for an unforgettable day.
9. If you’re looking for an engagement ring, unique wedding bands, or your something blue for your special day, then look no further than Alan Sutton Jewelry. They have gorgeous in-stock pieces or handcrafted custom jewelry.
10. Give your feet a rest while you share a kiss and then sneak off to “The Cellar Door” speakeasy style pub to take a break, catch the score of the big game, or get in a quick game of pool. Did we mention you can get a drink there too? You can set-up two bars for your wedding. One inside, one outside!
11. Make your exit with one last photo op in your favorite getaway car, at the park where the Neuse and the Trent River meet, or downtown in front our many historic buildings and churches. The locations for pictures is endless in New Bern.
And finally, when the last guest has left, whisk your bride or groom off to the newly renovated Gleason Cottage where you can have an amazing night in the privacy of your own space away from the main house. This cottage features a stylish and romantic master suite , a spacious master bath, a living room and full-size kitchen.
Sleep in so you’re well-rested before leaving at noon.
We are so excited to share this amazing transformation with before and after pictures so stay tuned for what is to come!
This photo shoot was made possible by many of the talented preferred vendors The Jarvis at 220 has worked with over the years. We want to give a huge thank you to each one of these small businesses as well as the rest of the vendors that make each and every event at The Jarvis a success.